Wherever you go to University, you are going to meet people from all over the UK. Whether they're from Cornwall, Yorkshire or anywhere inbetween, they will believe that their region is better than anyone elses. This inevitably leads to the North vs. South debate being had in uni halls up and down the country.
Stereotypes are often branded with phrases like 'Northern monkey' or 'Southern fairies' being common place. These debates usually go round in circles, so I'm here to finally settle it!
Here are 20 reasons that prove that students from the South are better than students from the North:
1) We don't have ridiculous accents
2) WE'RE CAPABLE OF EATING FOOD WITHOUT GRAVY
3) WE understand the concept of grammar
4) It's properly grim up north
5) We aren't all Cabbies in the South
6) WE're not horrific monsters in the south...
7) BOURNEMOUTH BEACH IS WAY BETTER THAN BLACKPOOL
8) We're more charitable down South
9) Forget Newcastle Brown Ale... Somerset Cider is a Godsend
10) AND THE WEATHER IS ACTUALLY ALRIGht
11) This sums up How Ridiculous the northern accent really is!
12) Union is way better than League
13) London is the best city in England
14) We Can Read in the South
15) The Best Pasties come from Cornwall
16) Our Mums don't go to Iceland
17) We have proper hard nuts in the south
18) And Boris is a bit of a legend
19) After you Graduate, you're much more likely to actually get a job in the south
20) But if you do end up in the North don't worry, you can learn Northern...