1) Having to adhere to Exeter's strict dress code on campus
Gym kit and Nike trainers for girls and stash and flip flops for boys. (Barbour and Jack Wills also acceptable).
2) Failing to mask your disgust when you go to the Ram with someone who orders normal fries
Seriously, who are you?
3) Running out of ways to thank the person in front of you as they hold all the doors open for you going through Amory
Thanks, cheers, nice one, thank you, ta, *kill me*.
4) Having to take out a second overdraft to buy lunch in the Marketplace
5) Happily agreeing to pre drinks then grappling for excuses when they tell you it's in Duryard.
I mean, it’s basically Siberia.
6) But on the other hand, living conditions in a South-East Asian prison are probably preferable to those in Old Lafrowda
7) Feeling distinctly out of place in Mosaic if you don’t have a Rolex, pony or trust fund.
8) Going from a 9/10 in your hometown to a strong 4 in Exeter
Not that Exeter's obscenely attractive student body isn't a fantastic thing.
9) You refuse to call Gemini taxis ‘Apple Taxis’ and will refuse to call Arena, ‘Unit 1’
There was no need to reinvent yourself Arena, we all loved you just the way you were.
10) Everyone else always moans about the smell in Arena but you’re always too drunk to notice
11) A 9am in Peter Chalk after a night out is a fate worse than death
The combination of ‘still a bit drunk’ with that hill at that time of the morning is game over for your poor little hungover soul.
12) It defeats the object of going to the gym if you’re already exhausted by the time you make it onto the treadmill
And that stupid hill feels steeper and longer every time you attempt it.
13) Bringing your car to uni and having to purchase the obligatory car sticker
You know, just to ensure you're not the only person in the whole of Exeter without one.
14) Straining a muscle on the rare occasion that you use the forum revolving door instead of the disabled entrance.
Then refusing to use it again for at least another year.
15) Only ever venturing into Best Kebab when the queue in Mega is too long
Couldn't tell you why, everyone knows Mega is just superior.
16) Lasting until 1am in Timepiece on a Wednesday night as a fresher is a great achievement
And a rare one at that. Silly fresh.
17) Heading for Exmouth at the first sign of sun in June
And realising as soon as you set off, that the whole of Exeter has had the same idea.
18) Having to start queueing a good 60 years in advance if you want to attend post-exams cheesy Tuesdays
Or any Cheesys for that matter, Exeter does love a good bit of S Club.
19) Never being able to 'quickly pop into' Pennsylvania Road Co-op
You're guaranteed to bump into at least 6 people from your course, the weird kid that you lived with in halls and your one night stand from last week.
20) A steady stream of orange VKs on a night out are the closest you’re getting to your ‘5 a day’
Who said that was a bad thing?
21) Struggling to extract yourself from the floor of the Lemmy at the end of a Saturday night.
And tutting at how much alcohol must have been wasted to make any floor that sticky.