A-level results are coming out on Thursday and Year 13s across the country are going mad with nerves. Wannabe Freshers are desperate to meet the entry requirements for their chosen university and the tension is starting to show. They have taken to Twitter to get all their excuses in order just in case things don't go to plan with #resultsdayexcuses trending.
At least nobody seems to have done a Will McKenzie and defecated in the middle of the exam hall!
Here is a selection of the best excuses tweeted over the last few days:
1) I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger
2) kindly invest in a tissue!
3) The importance of reading the instructions carefully
4) Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance
5) breaking bad does not count as chemistry revision
6) Aim low. aim so low that no one will even care if you succeed (marge simpson).
7) To Alcohol! The cause of, and solution, to all of life's problems
8) Afroman would be proud
9) If only the cabinet reshuffle happended earlier in the year
10) always read the exam cover rules
11) Being defiant won't solve all your problems
12) keeping things in perspective
13) smite me almighty smiter!
14) Childhood trauma...
15) Unfortunately a-levels and peewee soccer aren't the same thing
16) language teachers really should be mother tongue in the language
17) The end justifies the means
18) i wonder what careers advisers wanted to be when they were growing up...
19) Even the exam boards are getting in on the fun
We hope you guys are coping OK with the pre-results stress and managing to distract yourself with other things during the last stages of the long wait.
Good luck with your results everyone! We're rooting for you here at Student Hut.