1. Forget marriage – just get a toaster
“And we've got a toaster and everything. So there is no reason for the wedding.”
2. Never live in a glass house
3 . When the reality of life after Uni gets you down just have a dance
4. Food Shopping will become the highlight of your week
“Yesterday, I did some painting then went out to buy an onion and came home and watched 'University Challenge.' The onion was probably the highlight.”
5. Interview advice – just talk
6. Life will be tough at times…
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
7. …but just go with the flow
"You won't get anything done by planning."
8. Be frugal
"Don't be chucking that out. You might need that later"
9. Eat lots of Bananas at your own risk
“I’ve heard that fact. That is, you eat more than six bananas it will kill you. I saw a bowl with seven bananas in it and thought, that’s dangerous.”
10. Get advice from reputable sources
11. Never lie on job applications
12. Ignore the people boasting about their place on a top grad scheme
“We can’t all be geniuses, otherwise there’d be no one to do the jobs the geniuses don’t want to do.”
13. Set realistic goals
“If you can’t do it, don’t do it”
14. Avoid 2-for-1 offers
“There are too many fat people knocking around. I put it down to two-for-one offers in supermarkets, also lights in fridges.”
15. When abroad choose the class you travel in wisely
“What class is this? Seriously. I’m sat on a shelf.”
If you still don’t know who Karl Pilkington is, google him. You will not be disappointed.
Do you have a favourite Karl Pilkington quote? Let us know! Tweet us @studenthutuk