A light-hearted look at why being a student from the north is so much better than being a student from the south!
Going to uni provides you with the opportunity to meet people from all different types of backgrounds that are probably very different from your school friends!
This leads to the inevitable north / south debate that is commonplace at universities all across the UK.
'Northern monkey' and 'southern fairy' are terms which get thrown around far too often, so I'm here to settle this debate once and for all!
Here's a light hearted look at why students from the north reign supreme over our unfortunate friends from the south...
1. we're very down to earth and realistic with our opinions
2. we have a taste for life's culinary luxuries
3. we've got our priorities straight in the north
4. This sums up southerners perfectly
5. we have awesome accents
6. we avoid restaurants that serve up pretentious rubbish like this
7. we're never short of a conversation
8. We rarely complain about the cold or drizzle
9. our prices - If this was seen in the north, there'd be riots!
10. we're immune to the cold on a night out
11. We do proper portions
12. we know how to make a proper brew!
13. they don't do curry sauce or gravy & chips down south
14. the south can't compete with our beautiful countryside
15. We have our own cheeky, undisputable, northern charm
16. We understand the importance of good gravy
17. We have our own irresistible ways of sweet-talking you
18. There are less 'edgy hipsters' up north
19. Chatting to strangers isn't seen as psychotic behaviour in the north
20. Drinks are reasonably priced - You don't get £1 a pint nights in London!
21. We get proper fish and chips up north
22. We're very self aware and refreshingly honest
23. We have a 6th sense for detecting bullshit
24. Being able to rent THE place ON THE RIGHT FOR LESS THAN THE ONE ON THE LEFT!
25. Because we don't suffer from cockneyitis (Beware - Explicit language!)
LIKE THIS ARTICLE? SHARE It!