Want to escape to the slopes for a winter break but don't have the funds? Skiworld have a great reputation and are now recruiting for several exciting positions for this coming winter in France, Austria and Swizerland. The ski season runs from November to May and Skiworld are looking for young people to fill a variety of roles. Benefits often include accommodation, reduced ski hire and free lift passes for the season!
- Head Chalet Host
- Chalet Host
- Flexi Chalet Host
- Chalet Assistant
Full job description
A passion for food and hosting are the fundamental attributes for any budding Skiworld chalet host.
- To care for guests every week, and help to ensure their holiday expectations are met
- To prepare and/or serve meals following a set menu in accordance with dietary requirements with the provision of breakfast, afternoon tea, children’s meals and a 3 or 4 course evening meal 6 days a week.
- To ensure chalets are kept clean and tidy and health and hygiene standards are maintained throughout the season
- To ensure food and chalet supplies are sustained, within a budget
Skills and Attributes
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Great communication skills
- Cooking experience eg. cooking courses, or qualifications
Chalet Hosts/Flexi Chalet Hosts
Both of these roles require a high standard of cooking ability, with the capability to run a whole chalet. Chalet Hosts will generally work alone, or in a pair in one chalet for the entire season. Flexi Chalet Hosts will have the opportunity to run, and/or work alongside fellow hosts in a number of chalets throughout the winter season, adapting to different chalet set ups and catering requirements.
Head Chalet Host
Head chalet hosts run a large chalet alongside other Skiworld staff. Head chalet hosts are responsible for the majority of catering and running of the chalet- including organising the division of tasks amongst the chalet team. This role can be more suited to someone with leadership experience.
Chalet assistant’s work in a small team of staff in one of the large Skiworld chalets, serving menus and assisting with cooking when required. They are also responsible for helping to ensure cleaning standards are upheld and supporting in the running of the chalet.