GQ.co.uk is seeking an enthusiastic, conscientious and methodical intern to work on the website of the world's leading men's magazine.
Full job description
GQ.co.uk is seeking an enthusiastic, conscientious and methodical intern to work on the website of the world's leading men's magazine. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and the ability to work to demanding deadlines.
Their primary responsibilities will include building and publishing online news stories and features about the world of news, comment and culture which will involve extensive production work in our content management system and on social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), as well as liaising with the online picture desk, the magazine team and relevant PRs. You will also have the opportunity to write stories.
The placement is paid and full-time for six months, beginning mid-August, and will take place in GQ's central London offices. The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and will have some journalistic training or editorial experience, especially online. Previous use of a CMS and Photoshop is a must, as is an understanding of social media and how to use it to drive traffic to the site.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Editing and publishing news stories and features in the GQ content management system
- Reporting on developments in the world of news, comment and culture
- Helping to manage our social media channels on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Liaising with PRs and contacts
Essential Skills & Requirements
- A passion for current affairs and cultural news
- Regular reader of GQ and other men’s lifestyle publications
- Ability to use common web publishing tools and content management systems (e.g. Wordpress)
- Understanding of how SEO works and how people use search engines
- Strong writer and editor
Interested? Click the button below to apply.
Can't see the 'Apply Now' button? Login or sign up to Student Hut for full access.