Amazon is looking for individuals with critical thinking and decision making abilities to join us as Investigation Specialists.
Full job description
Amazon is looking for individuals with critical thinking and decision making abilities to join us as Investigation Specialists, to evaluate buyer or seller transactions/profiles and help safeguard Amazon's global customer base.
We are specifically seeking applicants with advanced languages skills in at least two of the following: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese or Mandarin, to support our global operations teams. These positions are ideal for recent graduates or people with customer service backgrounds.
Amazon's Transaction Risk Management Systems (TRMS) team has a reputation as a leader in eCommerce fraud-protection, and an innovator in risk management applications. We are an operations team that enable the world's most successful online marketplace by building customer trust. We design and build high performance software systems and processes that identify and prevent fraudulent transactions across all Amazon platforms.
- Investigate suspicious activity and behaviour that could pose a risk to our customers on the Amazon EU websites.
- Communicate effectively with via email and/or telephone with our customer base, which will include: buyers, merchants and internal customers to analyse risk.
- Take appropriate action to identify and help minimise the risk posed by fraud patterns and trends.
- Consistently achieve/exceed weekly productivity and quality standards for investigations.
- Participate in ad hoc projects/assignments as necessary.
- Achieve weekly productivity and quality standards for investigations.
- Be prepared to be flexible with working hours and work across weekends as part of your normal 5 day shift.
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in two of the following: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese or Mandarin
- Excellent written and spoken English skills with an ability to compose grammatically correct, concise and accurate written responses
- Working towards or achieved a 2:1 degree or above
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make complex investigation decisions.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyse problems logically and make rational data driven decisions
- Self-disciplined, diligent, proactive and detail oriented
- Previous work experience in a customer service / retail environment
- Knowledge of or experience in a fraud/risk management environment
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, stock units, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading online retailers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Interested? Click the button below to apply.
Can't see the 'Apply Now' button? Login or sign up to Student Hut for full access.