Gain event industry experience and free entry to Reading festival - all you've got to do is volunteer 3x 8 hour shifts!
Full job description
Our festival volunteers, or CATs as they are known, play a big part in creating a good atmosphere at the Reading Festival and help the festival goers to get the most out of their festival! By joining the team as a volunteer you can help us to continue in achieving this!
If you'd like to get some experience working at a festival and help us to continue making the Reading Festival one of the best music festivals in the world you can apply to volunteer with us!
What we do
Hotbox Events recruits and manages staff and volunteers for UK festivals and events. Our first event was Leeds Festival in 2003, since then we've grown from a small team to supplying over two thousand staff and volunteers every year!
Our management team has been recruiting and managing staff and volunteers at festivals and events since the early 90s. We supply and manage teams of up to 850 at our current events, working in the campsites, on the fire towers, on the gates and in the arenas.
Our teams provide support and customer service to festival goers whilst working with other onsite agencies to help reduce crime and keep your ticket holders safe.
The key areas our staff and volunteers assist with include:
- Being the eyes and ears of the event; trained to be proactive and alert to any potential problem.
- Promoting crime awareness and crime prevention to the public.
- Working with onsite teams to ensure medical, fire and security issues are dealt with promptly and safely.
- Helping to prevent overcrowding and on hand to monitor crowd safety.
- Assisting the public to create an environment where they feel safe.
- Directing the public, assisting with ingress and egress to help the process run smoothly and effectively.
- Supporting your ticket holders, providing information about the event including facilities and performances to ensure they have the best possible time at your event.
We've received fantastic feedback from festival organisers and even the UK Police Force! You can find some of the feedback we've received on our festival feedback page.
Interested in being a part of the team? Click the button below to apply.
Can't see the 'Apply Now' button? Login or sign up to Student Hut to gain full access!