The Tutor Trust are looking for bright, enthusiastic and well-motivated people to do paid work as tutors in Leeds secondary schools. This is a great part-time opportunity for students to earn some extra cash!
You will be paid for your work (between £12 and £19 per hour) and if the tuition requires it 'Non Contact Time' pay is also given as they expect tutors to prepare adequately for their sessions.
Full job description
They require our tutors to commit to doing one unpaid, voluntary hour of tuition for every six hours of paid tuition work completed. This will be a condition of getting paid work with The Tutor Trust and we think this is a good fit with our ethos and purpose.
They ask that tutors make a commitment to deliver a minimum of 3 hours per week of tuition in school.
Our tuition is delivered either on a 1:1 basis or in small groups. The maximum size for a group is 3 students.
- To be a Maths tutor, you must have an A at GCSE in Maths
- Inspirational, creative and enthusiastic approach
- Passionate about your subject and have the ability to engage your assigned students.
- Previous experience of working with young people is desirable but not essential.
No previous tutoring/teaching experience is required, and you do not need to have any existing teaching qualifications. If you do have experience working with young people or with teaching or instructing, please highlight this on your application form.
Skills You'll Learn
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Interpersonal Skills
- Managing your own development
- Motivation and Enthusiasm
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Organisation
- Problem Solving
- Written Communication