1. You have loads of stuff from uni that you can’t do anything with
Guess your kitchenware and stolen traffic cones will have to live in the garage for a few months.
2. There is literally too much food in the house to fit inside your body
After months of cooking on a student budget, suddenly you sympathise with those snakes that eat themselves to death.
3. It is no longer acceptable to stumble in at 3am on a night out
What is it with parents and not wanting you to stagger home in the small hours and pass out on the kitchen floor? No-one in halls ever had a problem with this.
4. And even if you get in at an acceptable time you have to pretend to not be drunk
You were pretty sure your bluff worked at the time but your parents' pitying looks the next day suggest otherwise.
5. The separation from your local uni kebab shop is so painful it *physically hurts*
Life without late night garlic mayo chips is literally and figuratively flavourless.
6 Your department keeps sending you emails about next year’s work
You then have to expend precious seconds of your finite life filing them at the bottom of your to do list.
7. All of your local clubs play terrible music and have no good Jägerbomb deals
It's like being in sixth form again except this time you know how much better clubs can be.
8. It’s not even August and you’ve already GOt through all the Best SHows on Netflix
Guess it's time to rewatch Breaking Bad.
9. Your summer job is grim enough to put you off ever working again
You can keep your graduation thanks, this is no way to live.
10. At Least One Insufferable coursemate got an internship in the city
And now they're wearing a suit and in a rooftop bar. They don't even know how to cook pasta!
11. You forgot how awful explaining university to family friends is
No-one warned you that going to university would require you to explain your degree to dozens of family friends every summer.
12. You try and at least enjoy the weather
But then remember that you live in the UK :(
13. You get bored for the first time in 9 months
Like, actually bored. Univeristy was so exciting you forgot this was a thing.
14. Your parents actually have cleaning standards
And they insist on stupid rules like “not building a throne out of pizza boxes” or “regularly changing your sheets”.
15. Seeing your school friends is great, but soon you start missing uni friends real bad
Bonds formed over freshers' nights out and exam stress are pretty hard to break.
16. It’s over before you got a chance to appreciate it
Joking aside, there's a lot to enjoy about summer. It's just a shame that usually it's over just as soon as you start (Image: Sahlooter)
Looking for ways to pass time time now that you're free from exams? Read our guide to the Weirdest Music Festivals in the UK or tempt a quater-life crisis by finding out the 14 Things Older Than Next Year's Freshers.