Are you an intelligent, driven and forward-thinking graduate? Are you looking to develop a career in commercial or corporate banking? RBS’s Customer Solutions pathway could be the perfect place to start.
Full job description
As a Graduate trainee, you’ll be able to work directly with customers, building a deep understanding of their sectors. You’ll quickly become involved in building relationships, structuring solutions and shaping the banking products of the future.
With the Customer Solutions pathway, you can apply for either the Commercial Banking programme or the Structured Finance programme. They both last two years, and are designed to equip you with the skills and experience needed to become a leading commercial or corporate banker.
The Commercial Banking programme provides you with a comprehensive basis for commercial and corporate banking. You’ll find yourself working directly with a diverse range of business and corporate customers.
The Structured Finance programme focuses more specifically on larger clients with more complex financing needs. You’ll gain the specialist skills needed to develop your career across a wide range of debt financing products.
On both programmes, you will:
- Learn how to build client relationships
- Develop a deep understanding of customers’ needs, as well as expertise in the products the company offers
- Build strong credit, lending and risk management skills
- Gain insight into product development, deal execution and digital banking
- Gather the confidence to raise ideas, develop solutions and challenge the status quo
After a full induction, each programme is structured around four six month rotations, each based in different areas of our Customer Solutions business.
On completing the programme, we hope to see you join us in a permanent role. We’ll be advising you on career development throughout your journey, but particularly during your last rotation, where we’ll focus on which roles could be right for you.
Who they’re looking for:
- You need to be on course for, or already have achieved, a 2:1 in your degree. No particular subject is specified.
- A team player
- Someone who is customer focused
- A strong communicator
- An entrepreneurial person who thinks differently and likes to be challenged
- An ambitious individual who is eager to learn and willing to adapt
Hit the button below to find out about the role in more detail and for all the important info on how to apply.