Do you love mobile, web and digital media? Are you curious about the needs of the user? If the answer to those questions are yes, then Shazam want your application now!
Full job description
Shazam is the world's leading media engagment company with millions of subscribers using Shazam to identify their new favourite song or learn more about adverts they love. Connecting over 500 million people, Shazam are always looking for new, innovative ways to impress their users.
This is a paid 3 month summer internship with the opportunity to turn the position into a Junior Product Management role for the right candidate. The summer intern will convert business needs into detailed product specifications and actionable recommendations.
Specifically, here's some of the things you would be doing:
- Shadowing the senior product manager to learn about all aspects of the product.
- Collaberate in terms of product vision and overall strategy.
- Create recommendations and specifications based on interactions with stakeholders.
- Be the product liaison to guarentee smooth implementation.
- Maintain internal reporting platforms.
- Analyse current market performance and identify new, innovative opportunities for features.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
Who they're looking for:
- Someone with an interest in mobile, web and/ or digital media.
- A self-starter who is passionate about product and new features.
- Comfortable working in a technical environment and able to have technical conversations with software engineers.
- Comforable working with data and a good understanding of performance metrics.
- Great presentations style, teamwork and communication skills.
Advantageous but not essential:
- Preferably studying towards a product, technical, design, or business degree and interested in mobile and/ or digital media industry and/ or human and mobile interaction.
- Able to speak another language.
- Previous experience working in a Product Management role and/ or in a fast-paced company with senior product/ engineer managers is also advantageous.
Hit the button below to find out about the role in more detail and for all the important info on how to apply.