As the UK's largest pub and restaurant company, Mitchells and Butlers has an Apprenticeship programme as tempting as the food we serve!
Full job description
You can take part in the Mitchells and Butlers Hospitality Management Development Apprenticeship (HDMA) scheme within every one of Mitchells & Butlers' brands throughout the UK; their brands include All Bar One, Harvester, O'neills, Browns, Miller & Carter Steakhouse, and Toby Carvery!
What is the HDMA scheme?
This 3 year programme is designed to help young people build a career in hospitality with Mitchells and Butlers, developing future managers of our businesses. Along the way you will:
- Gain confidence in both kitchen and guest facing roles.
- Complete a Hospitality Level 2 Apprenticeship in your first 12 months.
- Be able to access a number of learning resources; from "on job" learning, 1:2:1 coaching and webinars.
- Have the opportunity to develop into a supervisory role.
- Pick up functional skills in Maths, English and ICT.
Throughout the scheme you will receive ongoing support from:
- The General Manager of the business you are placed in.
- Your Lifetime Trainer, who will assess how you are getting on.
- The rest of the apprentice cohort through training events and our online social network community FUSE.
What would I be earning? Are there any rewards?
The scheme requires apprentices to work a minimum of 30 hours per week, with your competitive hourly rate being £5.83 per hour. As well as working for one of the biggest pub and restaurant companies in the UK, you will get 28 days holiday a year, 20% employee discount across all brands, high street shopping discounts, nationally recognised qualifications plus much more!
How do I know if I am eligible for the scheme?
Above all we are looking for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals who want to work in hospitality and could see themselves as a future manager of one of our pubs or restaurants.
- Be aged 18 to 21.
- Have obtained a GCSE Grade C or higher in Maths and English.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- Not be in full time education or hold a degree.
- Not have any criminal convictions.
How do I apply?
Our apprenticeship scheme is managed in partnership with Lifetime Training, one of the largest apprenticeship providers in the UK.
We enrol our HMDA apprentices in cohorts every 4 months. Applications for our next cohort are now live, with the view to apprentices starting in April 2016. We will be holding a number of assessment events/interviews throughout February and March across the UK.
What happens after I apply online?
- Once we have received your application a Lifetime representative will be in touch to explain a little more about the programme and ask you a few questions to ensure that this is the right career path for you.
- As long as you fulfil the eligibility criteria, you will be invited along to an interview/group assessment event where you can meet some of our current General Managers.
- The final stage is completion of an "on job evaluation" where you will get to meet your prospective new Manager and meet the rest of the team.
- Pending successful feedback you will then be enrolled to commence your apprenticeship in April 2016.
For more information on the scheme please call 0845 123 8518 or send your enquiry through to firstname.lastname@example.org
To register your interest, click the button below.
Can't see the 'Apply Now' button? Login or sign up to Student Hut for full access.